There is so little in New Zealand that is good, however a few things that come to mind:
1. The cool crisp breeze when its accompanied by a blue, clear sky....not bad for power generation as well.
2. NZ apples - they are juicy and sweat
3. Whittakers chocolate - when its on sale. Sadly, they know its good. :( Still, chocolate in NZ is relatively cheap.
4. Southern alpine ranges - a great source of scenic and recreational pleasure, i.e. photography, mountain biking.
5. The political system - NZ has at least in relative terms the best political system in the world thanks its its Mixed Member Proportional (MMP) voting system which gives small parties a break; the absence of a constitution, which means its got no entrenched system which makes it impossible to change; no redundant 2nd house or state parliaments, thanks to its small size and population. Sadly, that is trumped by a great many unthinking people.
6. Cheap housing in nice places - NZ has some of the cheapest housing in the world. Even if its crap housing, it does the job, but you have to be prepared to live in depopulating locations which seldom offer work. Paradoxically this means you will have money, but a desire not to spend it. So its not really a good deal.....you are better off looking at Japan. Houses are so cheap there.
7. Queenstown is probably one of the best places to live in the world. The only negatives are that its expensive because of zoning restrictions, and its got a short day being so far south, and its a little on the cold side, but relatively ok. Its great weather most of the time, its chock full of lifestyle activities, close to airport, direct access to East Coast Australia, and its mostly owned by Aussies...well, at least it should be. I don't know why we have not annexed it yet. I guess the Closer Economic Relationship (CER) is just the politically correct way of doing it. I note that Bob Carr, NSW politician bought land here, so we are close to having a new government here. Provisions have already been made in the Australian Federal Constitution...its all good. Just need to buy out the 'All Blacks' and change their logo to another 'black thing' and they will never know the difference.